About E-Liquids

HOW E-LIQUIDS WORK?

What is E-liquid?


Vaping undergoes heating a liquid to the point it turns to vapor, which can then be taken in.


The liquid in vape devices and e-cigarettes is referred to as e-liquid, or by other names like e-juice, e-cig UK fluid or vape juice.  Whatever the name it is called, the liquid has the same functions – the liquid is heated; up to a point and you inhale the resulting vapor that turns out.


Smoke and vapor are not the same.  Smoke is an end product of burning.  Vapour is an end product of heating, just like the way a kettle heats water to emit steam.  E-liquid is absorbed through the coil while power from the battery is also passed around the coil, and the e-liquid is heated up to a point produce vapor.


What’s Your Eliquid made up?


If you are a beginner in vaping, it may seem a little complex and mystifying but is a deceptively simple process. 


There are four ingredients – 

Vegetable Glycerin (VG)
Propylene Glycol (PG)
Flavorings
Nicotine (if required)


Vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol are additives used in the food industry to sweeten or extend the lifespan of food.  Flavorings are combined to make a different range of flavors.  And nicotine is something you are already familiar with and doesn’t need an introduction, other than being the harmful part of e-liquid.


When you see an e-liquid that has a composition like this:70% VG, it means that 70% of the combination is VG, while the remaining 30% is made up of PG, flavorings, and nicotine (for those combinations that have nicotine inside). Flavorings make up about 10% of the Eliquid composition.


How the mix Affects Vape Experience


VG is compact in its consistency, and as a result, a high VG mix can give rise to lots of vapor. But it needs more current from the device to do so.  A smaller, low powered vaping device would find it difficult to heat high VG mix effectively. 


PG is thinner and subsequently needs less current to make the vapor, but the amount of vapor gotten is always much smaller. PG also enables the throat hit which has a similar feeling of smoking a cigarette.


Since it’s the vapor that channels the flavors and the nicotine, getting more vapor will probably enable more of those features.  More VG needs the more powerful device.


As a result of the thick vapor from high VG blends, getting high nicotine mix with a high VG mix will enable the delivery of more nicotine than a normal human could manage.  So when using high VG mixes, it’s normal to reduce the nicotine levels in the e-liquid to make up for the increase in the vapor.


In contrast, vapers that use the high PG combinations that are more tailored to low current devices tend to make use of higher nicotine content because the vapor gotten is less thick and therefore can’t carry as much.


Finally, the blend is a matter of personal choices. It’s not all e-liquid ingredients that are acceptable to everybody. It is a very good idea and advisable to try out several ratios to get your perfect mix. 


There is only one ingredient in the blending of e-liquid that's known to be very harmful, and it is known as nicotine. In its purest form, nicotine is a silent poison, so it is advisable for you to make use of the lowest possible volume.


Under the Tobacco Products Directive legislation, e-liquid and vaping have become more modulated, and additional messaging and warnings are written on the packaging to make sure the users completely understand what’s used to complete their ecig UK fluid.